Saturday, August 4, 2012

Liebster Award!

I am so excited when I saw that Deidre from Nowhere To Be and Forever To Get There nominated me for the Liebster Award! This is an award given out to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Bloggers can nominate each other to help spread word about their blogs. Deidre, you were so sweet to nominate my little old blog! =)


Here are the rules!
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
4. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs!
Sooooo...let's do this thing! =)

A little about me...

1. I am a city girl stuck in a small town. As much as I love this place, I crave the city. I can't wait for the day I can move to NYC. I'm having a hard time comprehending how anyone on the planet can afford to live there, but in the meantime I'm crossing my fingers I win the lottery soon.

2. I only have one more year left until I am done with college! I have no idea what I'm going to do after I graduate, but I'm hoping to save up for at least a year and eventually go to grad school. I am a counseling major and I hope to get my masters in social work. I want to work with adoption or foster care and help kids find a place where they are loved and appreciated!

3. I'm almost 21, but I'm often told I look 15 or 16. Everyone says I'll appreciate this dilemma when I'm older, but unfortunately I don't appreciate it now.

4. I am a sugar addict. I try staying off the stuff, but I usually don't last more than 3 hours.

5. My favorite days are sunny ones, buy rain is always welcome! There is nothing like a summer storm to cheer me up!

6. I mentioned I want to work with adoption, but even more I want to adopt! And be a foster parent. There are so many kids out there and if I was capable of taking in 150 million kids, I totally would.

7. I have a puppy named Hollywood Estelle...but usually I just call her Holly. She's not really a puppy...she's 5 years old. She is a Shih Tzu/Bichon mix and I love her a whole lot. My parents let me take home a puppy for my 16th birthday and I've loved her ever since. =)

8. I grew up in gymnastics until I was 14 and I miss it a whole lot! Watching the Olympics really makes me wish I would have stayed in it a little longer. But now I'm just an out of shape 20 year old who can barely touch her toes anymore.

9. My favorite job is probably nannying. Getting paid to hang out with kids all day is awesome. It's not a cake walk, but it's fun! I'm hoping after I graduate I can find a more permanent nanny job since it's hard find one just for summers. Beverly Hills Nannies, anyone? =P

10. I'm a daydreamer. My class notes are always filled with more doodles than information. There are so many things I want to do and I usually try, but then I realize I can't be a ballerina if I can't touch my toes, I can't be on broadway if I can't sing, and I can't fly if I don't have wings. But it's fun to dream. =)

11. Last but definitely the most important...I live my life with one goal in mind and that is to glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ. He gave me this life and I don't want to waste it by living for temporary things. He is my strength, my purpose, my everything.

NOW...for Deidre's questions she left for me!

1. Why did you name your blog what you named it?
     -I named my blog Step by Step because that is how I try to live my life. Not to look to far ahead, but to           focus on the here and now and make the most out of it!
2. If you could trade lives with any celebrity for a day who would it be and why?
     -Jordyn Wieber! She is amazing at what she does!
3. What is your go to website when you are bored?
     -Facebook or Pinterest!!!
4. If you could have picked your name when you were born would you keep it what it is or would it be different?
     -For years I wished my name was Alyssa. My parents had originally picked that name but then my dad decided he liked Michelle at the last minute. When I was little I thought it was boring, but it's grown on me.
5. Why did you start blogging?
     -To share what is going on in my life and encourage anyone else who might be facing the same things.
6. What was the first job you ever had?
     -I worked at a grocery store bagging groceries, stocking shelves, cleaning, and bringing in carts.
7. Who and where was your first kiss?
     -A boy. In a place. =P
8. If you could make one wish for the future generation what would it be?
     -To use time wisely! If there is something you want to do, do it! And do it wholeheartedly.
9. If you were an Olympic athlete what event would you want to partake in?
     -Gymnastics
10. One thing you would never ever do, not even for a million dollars?
     -Skydive. I would die of fear before I ever saw the million dollars!
11. Your dream job?
     -Social Worker in an adoption agency!

MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU!!!
1. How many siblings do you have and where do you fall in the lineup?
2. What is your job/what is your career goal?
3. What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
4. Do you have any secret talents?
5. What is your favorite TV show?
6. Who is your favorite band/artist?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. What is your favorite event to watch in the Olympics this year?
8. What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
9. Is there anything you are deathly afraid of?
10. Do you play any instruments?
11. What is one book you would recommend?

THE WONDERFUL BLOGS I'M NOMINATING!
-Angela @ Ladyhub
-Kajal @ In the Blue
-Aissa @ Love Tenfold
-Shannon @ More to Hollywood
-Jessica @ Preppin' Postgrad
-Amanda @ Rasberry Beige

Please check out these blogs! I love catching up on what they have to share! =)



7 comments:

  1. You're so welcome! Us little blogs got to stick together! Loved reading this and getting to know you better, and I've found out we have a lot in common! Almost 21, I WAS going to school to be an adoption social worker, LOVE SUGAR, LOVE nannying, would drop dead if I ever had to skydive. Ummm wanna be best friends?! Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Blogging is great for finding new friends! So to answer your question, of course I would love to be friends! =) lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award, Michelle! I'm so glad you enjoy Ladyhub :) Stop back to see a post answering your questions soon. Thanks again!
    xxAnge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Thanks for the award, and dropping a line!!
    Love your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle! Just got back from vacation so I'll try my hardest to get on this as soon as possible. Sadly, I don't think I know 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers? I suck at following! Anyway am following you now, and I'm so glad you enjoy my humble little blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you again Michelle! You made my day! Im so glad you enjoy my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete