I have been on an experimental kick in the kitchen lately and it has been a blast! I love trying new recipes and my family is usually more than willing to be my personal taste testers! Tonight I tried a Caprese dish over angel hair pasta. I found it here via Pinterest, but I tweaked it by making it into a pasta dish. It's super easy!
All you need is:
-1 large log fresh mozzarella cheese
-Angel hair pasta
And all you have to do is...
1. Cut the mozzarella into cubes and put into casserole dish.
2. Take a handful of basil and cut it into strips; add to dish.
3. Cut tomatoes into halves (or smaller); add to dish.
4. Bake at 350 degrees (approximately 15 min.) until cheese is melted and bubbling as so...
5. Boil the pasta and drain.
6. Place a scoop of the cheese dish onto the pasta and enjoy! This is especially tasty with a few slices of french bread!
Tips: One problem I found was that the cheese settled too quickly, making it a little hard to eat without cutting it up. I used a generic brand cube of mozzarella cheese, but next time I will definitely use a fresh log and hopefully that will help with the consistency. However, it still tasted amazing using this method!