Tuesday, September 13, 2011

all things work together for good...

I've always been one to ponder the "what-ifs" in life. (I think wayyy too much sometimes.)

Last night I took a stroll to go check my mail and as I was walking back I couldn't stop watching the flashes of lightning up above. The combination of lightning, stars, and the moon shining through the clouds looked so awesome. I couldn't help it...I laid down in the grass and just watched for awhile. The whole time I was just thinking about how powerful God is. He is the creator and is in control of everything we see and experience...from the annoying little bats who eventually began to disrupt my pondering, to the magnificent flashes of lightning filling sky. It was just another reminder to me that if He can control things like that, He can control all of the "what-ifs" in my life. One of the biggest things I've been learning lately is to let go, and let God take care of things. I am finally getting to a place where I don't need to worry about every little thing that happens. I'm realizing that if I am truly trusting in God and doing what He asks of me, He will give me exactly what I need. Maybe not always what I want, but ALWAYS what I need.


So basically, no more dwelling on "what-ifs." If God takes things away, if God wants me to wait, if God makes things harder than I feel they need to be...I'll just go with it. Everything will fall into place perfectly if I let go and put it in God's hands. He wants me to love Him, obey Him, and serve Him while I'm waiting...and that's exactly what I plan on doing.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God." ...Romans 8:28.


1 comment: