Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday!!!/Month of Thanks Week 1

IT'S SATURDAY, PEOPLE.

I could scream and jump and dance for joy right now!!! This week was definitely the busiest week of my entire semester. I am planning to use this day to do nothing but relax. I might decide to get a head start on some work for next week but we'll see how responsible I decide to be today. I have been a hermit all week (seriously...if you've seen me it has been in class or at meals...that is all.) Why do professors decide to schedule 2 big papers, a big project, and a big test all on the same day? I personally think they are just trying to make sure we don't go out and have more fun than they do. But even though homework has forced me to be a hermit all week, right now I'm just fine hanging out with Monica, Chandler, Rachel, Ross, Phoebe, and Joey...And eating peanut butter and nutella in my pajamas. I have the rest of my life to go out and have fun. I am going to be a hermit one more day. =)

Well as you know, this month is Thanksgiving! If you don't believe me just ask Nicole Westbrook...she is the new Rebecca Black after all...




She's telling me I need to be thankful...which brings me to my next point... 30 days of thanks!!! Here goes week one!

1.  MY FRIENDS. I have been blessed to have friends who can make me laugh, encourage me, and just be their awesome selves.

2. MY SCHOOL. I have grown so much because of this place. I love being a part of a student body who's goal is to serve the Lord and to build each other up. We are a family. We care about each other. We lean on each other.

3. MY FAMILY. Even though all families have their issues, I am thankful I have one. They have given me so much and I love them.

4. KIDS. I work with kids a lot. I do nursery at church twice a week, watch kids while their parents are at Bible study every other week, and babysit often for families on campus. I am thankful that I can be used to help their parents out and to be an impact on their lives.

5. SLEEP. Sleeping can be hard for me to do sometimes. Whether it's homework keeping me up half the night or nightmares keeping me awake, I am thankful whenever I get the chance to catch up on sleep!

6. MEDICINE. I was feeling like death that day. Medicine was my best friend. Which brings me to...

7. MY HEALTH. After waking up feeling a million times better than I had been feeling the past couple days I realized how much I take being healthy for granted!

8. COFFEE. I'm not a coffee addict, but let me tell you...sometimes coffee is just the only thing that has the power to get me through the day.

9. MY SALVATION. The biggest assignment I had due yesterday was a paper for my Romans class on salvation. After spending hours on end digging into the book of Romans, it was impossible not to just stop and think about how good I have it. I don't deserve anything, yet Christ gave me the greatest gift of all. He forgave me of my sins and has given me a promise of eternal life in heaven.

10. WEEKENDS. I would die without them.

Be thinking about what you are thankful for!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Photobucket
#ohsoblessed

No comments:

Post a Comment