Monday, October 10, 2011

{.JOY.}


Where is your joy found? I have been dwelling on this question for the past few days. I have found great encouragement in searching God's Word. One of the passages I've been reading over and over is Philippians 4.

In verses four though nine it speaks of being full of joy. It says how we are not to worry, how we are to take all things to God in prayer, think on things which are worthy of praise and then put all these things into practice. It is only then that we are able to experience the amazing, indescribable peace of God. I think I read this over at least a million and two times today. Lately I've been really trying to keep my joy dependent on God alone. I was praying to God asking Him to point me in the right direction and I think this passage was the direction He was pointing. =) It was a much needed reminder that true joy can only be found in the peace of God and the peace of God can only be found in keeping Him first and seeking to serve Him, love Him, and obey Him more and more each day. 

No matter the situation, no matter the circumstance, no matter what...we can always find peace and joy in our heavenly Father when we are living according to Him...and for that reason, this smile will be on my face for awhile. =)

GOD BLESS and have a great week! Monday is just about over! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment