Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The First Day of The Rest of Your Life...

Do you ever stop and think about how every morning you wake up is the first day of the rest of your life? Today I really let that sink in. I don't know about you, but I know I have imagined my life 30 years down the road and I knew exactly where I wanted to be. I always knew God was in ultimate control, but I figured hey as long as I'm serving Him and loving Him along the way He'll give me what I want. I mean, why wouldn't He? Well today God screamed to me that my life is His and I need to realize that I don't always get what I want. It's kind of like when I'm babysitting and I have to remind the one little girl over and over again that as much as she whines or cries, she is not in charge and she can't always have what she wants. In her mind, eating five cookies for breakfast is a great idea...but I know that if she eats five cookies for breakfast every day she is going to either feel sick, or I'm going to be the one to blame for her child obesity! I know what is best for her in the long run, but it's hard for her to understand why I won't give her what she wants sometimes. I know comparing this to cookies and child obesity is a little odd, but open your minds...it makes sense, I promise. haha To God, I'm like that little girl sometimes. I whine and cry and wonder why God doesn't agree with me on what I think is best. My plans make perfect sense in my mind, but God sees the big picture. He knows that what I want isn't always what is best for me and He does things His way for a reason beyond my understanding. God wants us to remember that TODAY is the first day of the rest of our lives. We need to apply that to every single day from now on. Life changes...the road God puts us on sometimes has twists and turns that are confusing and hard to follow. But remember...God is right there holding our hands. We can whine and cry to Him as much as we want that He's leading us away from all we've ever wanted...but He's not going to change His mind just because we whine. After all, He planned out our lives long before we were ever even born. He knows the ending of each of our life stories and if we trust Him to get us there, life will be SO much easier. Trust Him. Look at each day as the start of something new. Open your heart and mind to HIS plans for us and let our plans go. He loves us and will never fail us.

Jeremiah 29:11...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God bless. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment